Tomorrow I’m off to Europe for three weeks. As usual, it’s a combined business/pleasure trip. My tentative itinerary is:
- May 28: Arrive in Copenhagen, Denmark
- May 29: Depart for Berlin
- June 1: Plone4Artists / Multimedia talk at LinuxTag
- June 2-6: PIKtiki sprint in Potsdam (yeah, camping!)
- June 4: Plone4Artists / Multimedia talk at DZUG conference in Potsdam
- June 7: Pitstop in Copenhagen
- June 8-10: visit some friends in Oslo, Norway
- June 11-12: Back in Copenhagen
- June 13-14: Attend Podcamp Europe in Stockholm Sweden (tentative)
- June 15-17: Back in Copenhagen
Yes, this trip is a continuation of the ongoing Plone4Artists roadshow with talks at LinuxTag, DZUG and possibly an impromptu talk at Podcamp Europe. The purpose of these talks is to promote the Plone platform as a viable tool for building online communities and managing and publishing multimedia content such as audio and video. My particular interest is to build artist communities and to facilitate networking and the exchange of ideas among a highly niche audience.
I would have liked to go to the Reboot conference in Copenhagen, but by the time I found out about it, the tickets were already sold out, and I had already booked my ticket to Berlin. While visiting the OLPC headquarters in Cambridge, I also found out about the iCommons Summit which is taking place in the beautiful seaside town of Dubrovnik in Croatia the last weekend that I’m in Europe.
Anyways, it would probably have been too much to try to do all of this in 3 weeks. I want to have some downtime to hang out with friends and just enjoy the delightful Danish summer. It’s been two years since I was last in Copenhagen, and I’m really looking forward to visit again.